Friday, November 13, 2009

My Wish List

These next few months I will be saving money to purchase items off my wish list. These are all equipment upgrades. Right now I am shooting with a Nikon D40. It's was a nice camera for a while, but now it's time for something more advanced. I bought this camera because I had never owned a DSLR before and D40s are very user friendly. They are the perfect beginner DSLR. I'd like to share with you some items on my wishlist.


The first item is a Nikon D90. It has twice the mega pixels as my D40, so I imagine the the photographs I take will be much more crisp, clear, and vibrant. The D90 has awesome reviews. In continuous shoot mode you can take up to 4.5 frames per second. I want to stick with the Nikon D-series. This camera series was ranked highest in customer service two years in a row my J.D. Power and Associates. Nikon is a great company.

The next items on my list are several different lenses and lens adapters. I'm really sad that I broke my most often used lens. It was a Nikkor 55-200mm. Not a fancy lens, but I loved it. It took a wide range of photographs. I loved being able to use this one lens during a photography session without having to switch. So obviously, I'm wanting to replace it. Some other lenses I'm hoping for are the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, and an Opteka fish eye lens adapter that would attach onto one of the lenses I already have. I like the idea of having a lens that goes up to 300mm. I love doing extreme close-ups, so this would be awesome for that. I heard from a couple of people that the 50mm prime lens was the perfect lens for portraits. I hear that you can't beat the clarity and vibrance you get with a prime. The fisheye lens adapter would just be for fun. I like the funky effect of a fisheye lens. I can't wait to get one and head downtown to take some awesome shots.

The rest of the stuff on my list are little odds and ends that would help in making me a more efficient photographer. It includes a tripod for night photography, a reflector to help with the use of natural light, various lens caps because I'm always losing mine, and a really pretty Jill-e camera bag just because they are super cute.

I love photography and I'm striving to get better every day. It can be frustrating sometimes, especially when I'm trying something new and can't quite figure it out. Nonetheless, it will always be a passion of mine. I put a lot of thought, time, and energy in researching my different options for equipment upgrades. I believe that the equipment I've listed here will assist me along the way of my journey to become the best photographer that I can be.

0 comments: