Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm Your Biggest Fan. I'll Follow You Until You Love Me. Paparazzi.






Last night I was given the opportunity to photograph a very fun group of people who were celebrating their friend's, Brian Sweeney, birthday. They had the party at a very crowded bar named Plough and the Stars downtown in Old City. There were sooooooooo many people there! I kept walking through the crowd with my camera in the air, praying that someone wouldn't pour their drink on it. I have to admit that I'm a bit boring, so I've never been to a place like this before. The very few times I have been in a bar they've been little honky tonk, hole in the wall bars back in South Carolina. More than once I about knocked over one of their cocktail waitresses. I was wondering when the bouncer was going to throw me out for being too clumsy. The birthday boy wanted paparazzi style photographs. This was another first for me. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get the style he was looking for, but I think I captured it. It was so funny because other people in the bar who weren't even with his party wanted me to take their pictures. I also had people asking me where they could go to buy the pictures I was taking. I had to keep explaining to everyone that I was there for a private party, which was hard to do because it was so loud and it was almost impossible to hear anyone. Nonetheless, I had a great time. Here's to you, Brian Sweeney. Happy Birthday.

0 comments: